A couple of furiends asked for pet photo contest clarifications:
1. How many entries? One tongue per pet, that's it. I would really appreciate if you sent me names and your blog's url if you have one. It'll help out my secretary, not the one I fired last week, the new one.
2. How many winners of the five free giveaway? Five.
3. How will we decide on the five winners? I will post all entries on my blog after the "Show Us Your Tongue" contest is closed (at the end of National Dog Week, on Saturday September 24th). It'll be a collective effort made out of an enormous panel of impartial and professional pet judges.
4. Will I participate? I wish.
5. Will the chiweenie or the spotted siblings of mine? Nope! I'm partial to them and I may be tempted to favor them.
6. Will giant breeds be allowed? I didn't want to at first, but mom made me. Yes.
7. Are there any animals that will be excluded? Just the obvious cheaters, lizards, frogs and all reptiles with agile tongues.
8. A request: due to heavy spam traffic, if you remember to, have something easy for me to discern in your email title, like: pet photo contest, my tongue, your tongue, Tongues-R-Us, Twinkie you look marvelous today... anything you like.
Meanwhile, I want to share with you that I'm really excited about this contest. It was going to be a quickie, but based on the responses so far, it will get the attention it deserves. We already even have a baby calf competing!
A bit of trivia that suits our contest:
Featured in the new Guinness World Records 2011 book is Puggy, the dog with the longest tongue in the world. Puggy is a designer dog, a Pekingese. But do not fret, we're not doing a longest tongue contest we're just doing a Show Us Your Tongue Contest. Small tongues are eligible to win.
Puggy's showing us her tongue, yikes!
(it looks a bit like M's ex's tongue)
I would like to share a yöghund video with you to get your appetites going, in other words, to motivate you to start warming up those tongues! Do I need to remind you of the free giveaways? Okay, free yöghund boxes filled with delicious and nutritious (mom made me mention the second) frozen dog treats!
So what are you waiting for? Stop drooling and
SHOW US YOUR TONGUE!