It's a dog blog, a cat blog, a cat and dog blog. Fun, reviews, dog training tips . . .

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dog Photo Contest Again?

Enough is Enough, Mommy Dearest

My momma wanted me to participate in the National Train Your Dog Month Photo Contest, an officially sanctioned Mango Minster 2010 event. That's when I started questioning her sanity. I mean, okay mommy dearest, but I think that Mango Minster, the valentine's dog photo contest, Biggie's Dog Pile competition, and piano lessons, is overkill. I refused. I've always refused to allow M to train me anyways. Huh! So, I did what all good family members do, I volunteered my Linguini and my Frankie, because they're both so trainable. Their photo session was this past Sunday and it went surprisingly well.

LINGUINI'S ENTRY:

My skill was positively enforced using duck a l'orange, a favorite of mine. My human didn't want to be seen with me, so she's standing off to the side, but I'm sure you can feel the good relationship between us, or should I call it chemistry? The paparazzo, mi mom, is taking the photo. I'm feeling very positive about everything because I secretly love getting all the attention, plus I view this as a warm up for my SitStay contest entry. How do I look?


COMMAND: On top of your house! Now sit!
Linguini's dog photo contest entry

FRANKIE'S ENTRY:

My skill is very difficultest. I just graduated from dog obedience training school, but my dog trainer has yet to mail me my graduation photos (I still love her though, especially if she's reading this post). Anyhow, I did really well in my dog training class, but there was one thing I just couldn't figure out: I didn't understand why Momma wanted to touch my leg. Why, Momma, why? But then my human sis came by the other day and she totally explained it to me. Now, I can teach anybody, tee hee. My human sissy, the one I visit the barn with, doesn't visit often enough, so I always do whatever she asks of me. She gaved me treats (kisses) and positive reinforcement as Momma snapped this photo:

COMMAND: Shake!
Frankie's dog photo contest entry

* * *
One more piece of news. I received the Sweet Friends Award from Stella, Gunther, and Betty AND from Madi and her Mom. What can I say other than thank you, I may be a bit abrupt or outspoken, but, deep down, I am sweet and I'm undeniably a good furiend!

The rules:
Rule #1. Copy the image to your blog (check)
Rule #2. List 10 things that make you happy and try to do one today
1. I love blogging (doing it)
2. Lie out in the sun and collect the heat (did that this morning)
3. Play with my sissies (it's ongoing)
4. Steal the cat food (possibly later or asap)
5. Hikes (Moooom!)
6. Chewing on my Duck A 'Orange treats (at least once a day)
7. Leave comments on my furiends blogs (I'll be doing tons of that today)
8. Helping old people cross the street (hasn't happened yet)
9. Curling up on my heating pad (ongoing)
10. Listening to my momma (there's always a chance she'll read my posts)
Rule #3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day (loose interpretation)
Blog #1
Dexter's new blog aka Mango's old blog. I've laughed a lot at Dexter's underhanded and subtle way of forcing the enormous RH out of his own blog and home soon. In case anybody is looking for Mango you can find him here.
Blog#2
Frankie (the good Frankie) despite the fact that we can't open a restaurant together. Frankie's worried about his luxurious mane catching on fire, whereas I'm virtually hair free.
Blog #3
Coco, for being fearless and styling at the same time!
Blog #4
Jazzi, because I love rascals and you must admit it, he's one. Plus he did a magnificent job with his Sit Stay entry.
Blog #5
Kissa-Bull for asking me to join the roaming comedians.
Blog #6
Paco, Milo, Maya, and Simona. My family and I ar so grateful that Simona aka Mommy is alive!
Blog #7
Jack! What can I say, I love to laugh and I always will. Thanks, Jack.
Blog #8
Penny, who just became a media star, in the hopes she's can hook me up. BOL
Blog #9
Stella and her world. There's a hidden agenda here. I want her to still like me when I try my own version of my favorite Tuesday post: Ali Z
Blog #10
Thunder and Phantom. Other than the fact that I need a dictionary to translate their Siberish when I read their posts, all I can say is "Happy Toothsday" BOL

Thank you ALL furiends for making blogging so much fun!
Twink!

22 comments:

Martine said...

We agree with the protest Twink... too many extracurricular activities!

We think Frankie is adorable, we want to give him a big cuddle and kiss on his sweet little face.

Good luck and we hope you guys win!!!

Way to go with the cool award!!

xo martine & the kiddlets

Niamh said...

It is great to be busy Twinkie. Thanks for the great photos.

Your friends,
Niamh & Ambrose

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

YIKES!!! You have to take PIANO LESSONS??? eeeesh!!
Love your award and thanks for putting me in there... even though I might be a bit of a fire hazard.
It's been kind of hard for me to concentrate lately. It's almost Valentine's Day month and... I'm kind of emotionally charged. Know what I mean?

Martha said...

Oh my Twinkie, you are so busy you will be meeting yourself coming back from all your contests!
Good luck with everything. Congratulations on your Award and good work passing it along.
Great pics.
love
Martha & bailey xxx

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

WOW...what awesome training pics from your pack Twinkie!!

Congrats on your well deserved award!!

Smileys!
Dory

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Those are really good training shots - good luck in the contest. We spend our time training the Momster to buy us tasty treats:)

What's so hard to understand about Toothday?? That's how it comes out when there are some gaps in the mouth:)

Thanks for the award, we will be sure to post about it soon.


Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Great training photo all.. Sure glad Sis explained it all to you..
Congrad's on your award...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Pat Wahler said...

Good luck to the entrants...I was impressed!

BRUTUS said...

I hear ya! Don't mean to keep competing with you, but I do now have an entry into dogpile, and one ready to go for Sit/Stay. Hmm.. think I might try the National Train your Dog Month one too, soon as I feel up to it. We really have to stop meeting like this, Twink...

Poopin' Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

KB said...

It should be National Train Your Human month, don't you think?

I love both of your photos. Funny, we've been having problems with the paparazzi around here too!

Sagira said...

Training isn't so bad. I have been in training since I've been 4 months old.

Smushie Ranch said...

Ah Twink, your mom is just asking way too much! I thinks you need to protest. Lemme know if you want some good ideas to get back at your mom. bol!

Love,
Stella

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Good job with the Mommy Training!

Best of lukhk with your entries!

Khongrats on your pawesome award as well!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

houndstooth said...

Linguini and Frankie, you both look great! I hope you win! Frankie, I still say cuteness like yours deserves her own blog!

Bunny

Two French Bulldogs said...

You guys are so awesome. What a great sit and stay. Whewwww whoa!
Benny & Lily

Lorenza said...

Very good entries Linguini and Frankie!
Congratulations on your Award!
Thanks for sharing all those things that make you happy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scooter said...

Great photos both of you. I have a sit and stay and a dog pile too.

Thanks for the award, I will post it soon..

Your friend
Jazzi

Sketching with Dogs said...

Congrats on your award, we got that one too!
What is this word training??? We have never heard of it before but often hear Mum and Dad grumbling about it under their breath.
Those photos are adorable, look at little Frankie shanking hands, how sweet is she!
Wags and kisses, Dinah Bridget and Elliot xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Morning Twinkie et al,
Great award post and we love your answers. You pups are very agile and talented. Madi is impressed as she had no idea pups had any balance at all. Live and learn she says.
Happy weekend it will start snowing here tonight through Sat. whoopeeee
Madi and Mom

Remington said...

You guys should write a training book -- you are GOOD!

kissa-bull said...

pank you so much for the wardie
and omydog how ever do you do all that hard woik.i shay you retire from all that and we finally go comedy touring
wiggles
bella

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails