It's a dog blog, a cat blog, a cat and dog blog. Fun, reviews, dog training tips . . .

Friday, April 30, 2010

Frankie's Friday (16) | Canine Good Citizen

Frankie the Canine Good Citizen here!!! Yay, I did it! I passed. I couldn't wait to share my experience. It was pawesome! I felt safe and loved throughout my test. Thank you my fabulous trainer, Ms Cyndy Wood, for teaching me how to be an asset to my community. Thank you Olivia for putting up with me and helping me pass the toughest part of my test. Let me share the details about the AKC Canine Good Citizen test items.

Before taking my test, mommy had to sign the Responsible Dog Owner's Pledge. She mumbled something about me taking the test and leaving her out of it, but when she realized I couldn't even take the test, she signed. Then it was my turn. The test was on a pass/fail basis and the way to fail it for sure was to go potty or worse during taking it. I had to keep my legs crossed the entire time.

There were 10 items on the test

1. Accepting a friendly stranger - If they're friendly, I accept them

2. Sitting politely for petting - Piece of pizzle, I love to be petted

3. Appearance and grooming - I look not so bad in general

4. Out for a walk, on a loose leash - How else would I do it? If I pull, I choke my chiweenie self

5. Walking through a crowd - I would like to thank all of Petco's personnel for being my pretend crowd. (no photo available)

6. Sit and down on command and staying in place
I think you can tell by my ear position, how obedient I was

7. Coming when called - Is that a joke? I come even when not calleded
Another easy one. All I had to do was wait for my mommy to call me and I jumped and ran in her arms. I had missed her holding me

8. Reaction to another dog
See the gorgeous spotted Dalmatian? She's Olivia, another AKC Canine Good Citizen
She's one happy smiley girl and I'm grateful she helped me pass the hardest part of the test for me

9. Reaction to distractions 
These are the objects of my torture, a loud cart and a blue plastic bowl that got thrown about five feet away to gauge my reaction
I stayed cool! (but I was trembling inside)

10. Supervised separation: No fun! I had to be away from mommy for three whole minutes! It was not too easy. (the photos of me as I waited for my mommy were too pathetic to post)


The test was over and I was spent! I got my hug and a star though

Here I am posing with my star and my certificate

I am now officially 100% certified AKC Canine Good Citizen

I have to tell you, I took the test with my tumor having gotten bigger, while Linguini stayed on an XL heating pad at home. We're both feeling better, but mommy is not happy. I overheard her on the phone with her friend the other day saying, "The vet told me to watch the dog tumors, well, I am watching them. I'm watching them . . . grow. I'm watching two tumors and a limping dog and there's nothing I can do." 

Until we figure out what is wrong with our health, we're going to enjoy the recent news of my success. In a few days, Linguini will be allowed to exercise again and mommy promises to take us on short hikes with our furiends. There's nothing like hiking with dogs to get your mind off things. 

Frankie the Canine Good Citizen


40 comments:

Remington said...

Congrats! Job well done!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Congrats Frankie!!

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Congratulations! That's a pretty tough test - I don't think I could even do half of those things!

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Draco and his Mom said...

Good Job Frankie...you worked hard to earn your certificate... I liked your gold star too.
Wags,
Draco

mayziegal said...

YIPPEE SKIPPEE, FRANKIE! I'm sooo furry proud of you! You did a very much great job and I'm not in the least bit suprised. You are one of the bestest citizens I know. After I get done with the class I'm in now (Rally-O) I think I might take a CGC class and see how I do. Meeting the other doggie would be the hardest part for me, too

Oh! Guess what? You're on my bloggie today so come by and take a look if you gets a chance (the Wordpress Ninjas were trying to eats my bloggie earlier but I think it's all under control now).

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

CONGRATS FRANKIE!!!

You so totally rocked that test!!!

Tell your Mama to hang in there!!

Smileys!
Dory

3 doxies said...

Does this mean we gets have a pawty? We can throws a pawty fur you and Mayzie...you know, kill 2 squirrles with one dog.
I hads no doubt in my doxie brain that you wouldn't pass. I likes your gold star. I need one of those so I cans pretend I passed sumptin too. Oh and you know, I am quitte da ass-et in my munity too.
Puddles
Pees: mum didn't mean to turrn your mom into a monster...but isn't it fun.

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Frankie, we are so very, very proud of you, congratulations!! Now, I think you should fly up here and give Chewy some tips and advice...he is a very unruly doggie!! And Mom would just love to have your cute self as a guest of us!

Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

Dog Foster Mom said...

Great job Frankie!! It took a lot of work and a lot of time to get there and you did it!!! I hope you get a big party and lots of one-on-one time with your mom to celebrate. On second thought, maybe the party will be for your mom - you might like that better. :-)

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Thanks for the heads up on the title, should be fixed now!

Golden Samantha said...

Oh Frankie!
Congrats on the CGC title! That's wonderful and I can tell how brave you were to do all those things the hoomans asked you to do! Furry cool! Hope you are resting now from all the brouhaha! Love to the rest of the pack xoxoxoxo
Sammie

Nubbin' Tails said...

Way to go Frankie! That is great! We're all very proud of you!

Wags!

Mr. Nubbin'

Pat Wahler said...

Congratulations, Frankie! I knew you could do it! Now you've earned the title of CGC!!!!

JacksDad said...

I am so proud of you! CGC is very hard even for big puppies!!

the booker man said...

GRATSERS, MISS FRANKIE!!
you are such a super good girl, and i had no doubts that you would be a canine good citizen!
i still have a hard time with the meetin' other doggies part. i just get so excitables! but my mama says i will mellow as i get older and then we will try the CGC test.
gooey nose kisses to you and your sis linguini. i hope the heating pad is helping her feel the betterment.
*woof*
the booker man

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats, Frankie. We are all so very proud of you. Bet there were lots of noisy distractions there. Mom says everything sounds different in stores like that. Awesome job, pal.

Mom, hang in there, if they really are growing a lot, we suggest a call to the vet for some reassurance or a recheck. Can't hurt.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Two Pitties in the City said...

Congrats Frankie! We are so proud of you! I know you will represent your canine comrades well.

houndstooth said...

Frankie, I knew you'd do it! Congratulations!

I do hope that you and Linguini take it easy and that your mom waits on you hand and foot while you're recovering!

Bunny

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Frankie B. Frankie B. FRANKIE B. !!!!
I hope you know how very much proud I am of you!! I'm giving you 87 Paws UP!!! Excellent Job.
I felt like I was re-living MY test right along with YOU. The easy parts for YOU were the ones that were easy for ME. Those hard scary ones were the SAME for me. SOOOO Dear Furend I am here to tell the world that I know for a fact how hard YOU had to work to Earn your Canine Good Citizenship. Hip HIP HOOOORRRAAY for YOU !!!! Nothing can stand in your way now. You go girrrl!!! The world is your kibble bowl!!!

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

That test looks very, very hard. And you passed it when you aren't even feeling your best! You are amazing. Congratulations and I hope you and Linguini are all better very, very soon.

wags, Lola

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats!

Those are some pawesome achievements to have to do!

Mom is making the face at me!

Something about the khome when khalled ;-)

Paws khrossed fur all of woo to have a great weekend!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Congratulations Frankie!!!

That is some achievement :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Ina in Alaska said...

Frankie we knew you would ace that test all along! We are praying for you and Linguini about your health concerns. Tumors go away!!! NOW!!!! xoxo

Lorenza said...

Congratulations, Frankie!
I am so proud of you!
I have my paws crossed for you and Linguini!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Two French Bulldogs said...

3 whole minutes Frankie..holy crappin kibble. Congratulations you did it
Benny & Lily

Scooter said...

Frankie
WHOA!! WHOA!! I knew you could do it!! GREAT job. Now just chill ok?

Congrats
jazzi

kks said...

congrats Frankie! i have one canine good citizen...Benny, he passed a few years ago, but i think he forgot.....
nothing better than a hike with the pack!
xoxo

My Mind's Eye said...

Frankie congrats on what a momentous JOB WELL DONE!!!
Everytime Mom reads chiweenie she cracks up!! We love that word...
Happy May day,
Madi and Mom

Unknown said...

Frankie you are super good. I know I won't be able to pass that test but I'm gonna try. At least my fee for it goes to SaveaDog rescue so I'm helping others. Hey tell m the iPhone is so great. Here are the video apps we use- i think compatible with old iphone-

These iPhone video apps are fun. They don't take the best quality but have cool effects. I use:

iVideoCamera- 99 cents http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivideocamera-record-video/id332166209?mt=8

Quik video app- 99 cents http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qik-video-camera-pro-for-any/id366276301?mt=8

or http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qik-live/id343777949?mt=8

try one... norwood

Scout and Freyja said...

WOWZA! You is a STAR! Sure hope your momma doesn't furget all your hard work you did 'cause you should get an ice cream each an' every day of the rest of your life☺

Cyndy said...

It's been my pleasure to work with you, Frankie. You may be one small dog, but you have the heart of one large Great Dane. You have tried every task M asked of you and your CGC certification is proof that you met all the challenges. Who knows what other challenges you can conquer - could there be a Therapy Dog title in your future???

The Oceanside Animals said...

Congratulations Frankie! And, yes, it's tough to watch things like that ... we're watching Trouble's kidney values and that's no fun either.

Martine said...

WAY to go Frankie!!!
We knew you could do it!!!!!!

Enjoy your new title and celebrate!

xo martine & the kiddlets

Pippen said...

Congratulations, Frankie! You are the most awesome chiweenie we know!

Sam and Pippen!

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos Frankie! Congrats on earning woo CGC, I earned mine many years ago, but I remember it was a very hard test!
Congrats again!!
~husky kisses~
-Kira The BeaWoootiful

Sagira said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it!

Ruby and Penny said...

Good job Frankie.
Congrats.
Love Ruby & Penny

Dexter said...

Frankie! That is a super hard test! You should be most proud that you passed. The shopping cart! EEEEE! Too scary. I bet you just went to your happy meditation spot for that part.

Slobbers,
Mango

brooke said...

congrats frankie! Good job! Darwin wouldnt be able to do half those things! she'll only sit she knows theres a treat for her.
Love the gold star on your forehead too! hheheh

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

You did a pawsome job. I will be taking my test in September....After seeing you do it I am sure to pass.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Related Posts with Thumbnails