It's a dog blog, a cat blog, a cat and dog blog. Fun, reviews, dog training tips . . .

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rescue Dogs Eating Yummy Dog Treats

We couldn't stay in any longer. We were all feeling beat up by the recent events. M decided to leave the dog tumors behind for a few hours. We would be better off having an outing. She didn't want to strain Linguini by hiking, so she opted for our beloved horse barn. M figured she could always use a (shhh) leash on Linguini if she got too active. Don't worry, Linguini wasn't in the mood to hop around, but she sure cheered up just being there.

As soon as we got to the horse barn, we discovered that the other rescue dogs, our friends, were busy trying to steal their momma's lunch. These guys are on the road so much that they're used to this type of food. I know, some of you think we should only eat kibble, but I am so grateful for the rescues this lady is responsible for, I refuse to pass any judgment. Besides, her pack eats kibble regularly, they're just a bit spoiled and get to eat human treats as well--as does my pack, by the way.

Only problem was... Trixie, the chimeanie, was really hungry
Step aside or she'll eat you

What kind of dog treat do we have here?
A healthy salad!
Oh, and the happy propeller ears belong to Tigger, the other chiweenie
Boomer, the chihuahua, is momma's boy and he gets to go first

I guess Trixie's on a hi-fat diet, so poor Tigger can have some lettuce

On the left, you see Holly, the blue heeler
She gets to clean up
I, Twinkie Twinkerson, the tea cup chihuahua, am not crazy
I love a good dog treat but I don't want to risk my life

Trixie was baring her teeth again
But I stood my ground

I went over to the chiweenie and supervised her having her dog chews, horse hooves
Those are our favorite barn treats, along with juicy carrots

Inside the barn isle, I discovered this mess
There was a dog treat line
All rescue dogs, designer dogs (aka mutts) and "pure bred" dogs too, were eagerly awaiting something to put in their tummies
M took lots of dachshund pictures since they were so liked, but I'll post them separately
What the hay? Where was my treat?

Oh, finally

Whatcha looking at? 
You've never seen a tea cup chihuahua enjoy a dog treat before?

After our feast, Frankie and Dexter, the doxie, tried to drink some of the fresh water dripping out of that pipe

Dexter finally gave in and went for the water bowl

Linguini actually jumped in the car, when we were ready to head home. M squealed because that means that the Rimadyl is working and her girl is feeling better. 
Doesn't our girl look happy? Huh?
Whoever said anything about geriatric dogs? She looks like a pup to us.

After this invigorating outing, we drove home, had some kibble, and then we all crashed
You can put away the camera now, mommy
You already took 500 photos today

I heard something about going to the horse barn tomorrow again. I'm crossing my paws!
Twinkie


34 comments:

Cat Mandu said...

Twinkie, it is good to see you having so much fun! You have so many nice friends.
Cat Mandu

Remington said...

You sure know how to have fun!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Hey Twink, we get to share the humans' food too - nothing beats a taste of that turkey we see headed into the roaster for tonight. TD will eat most any veggie, but the other two are not as eager. They like the meats better.

Looks like a good day for all, glad to hear the Linguini is doing better.

Hey, you are lying on something that looks just like the bedding on one of the upstairs comfy spots that we don't get to sleep on - a Laura Ashley comforter. Great pic of you too.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Smushie Ranch said...

Twink, looks like you all had a lot of fun, despite having to contend with the chimeanie. We're so glad to see Linguini feeling better! That does our heart so good! Chip chip hooray!

Love,
Stella, Gunther and Betty

Remi said...

Looks like a fun outing today. Very glad Linguini is feeling better. I'll also cross my paws that you all get to go to the barn again tomorrow!

Martha said...

Hi Twinkie, that looked like a wonderful day out and it certainly seems to have cheered Linguini up.
We have to read backwards as we are missing some of your earlier posts.
We liked seeing all those rescue dogs and hope they all get great homes.
Dexter reminded us of Lorenza.
We like to have some human food to with our kibble otherwise it can get a bit boring.
We don't like salad but we love tuna and chicken - sometimes we even have some scrambled egg!
Nice seeing all the pics of your lovely day.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Scooter said...

twink,
I am glad that you all got out and had fun. That salad looked good and yummy. I love the whatcha looking at pic. moms with the camera get uhh...overkill huh??
DId you have a nice snooze on the way home??

Wags
Jazzi

Two French Bulldogs said...

A healthy salad? Yuck! Love the inside the barn picture. You guys look adorable
Benny & Lily

3 doxies said...

What up with eating da hooman food...I must go on strike...I will NOT eat kibble no mores! Really, that's not gonna work with my mum. Her said sumptin bout a diet...oh da horror.
I am very muches relieved to hears your Sketti sis is feeling all perk nows. Dr. Vet says Rimadyl has worked wonders fur their doggie.
Puddles

Lorenza said...

Hi, Twinkie!
Salad is good... as long as it has some dressing on it!
Glad you all had a nice day with your doggie friends!
Kisses and hugs

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks awfully fun and I'm so very much glad it cheered up Linguini! She sure did look happy in that last picture of her. But I'm confused about one thing. You mean there are humans who DON'T give their 4-leggers people food for treats? Why, that's the Most Craziest thing I ever did hear of!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

What lots of fun! Nice photos, too. I'm glad you're not crazy enough to risk your life for treats, Twinkie. So not worth it, especially when you know you have your own sources.

wags, Lola

Dexter said...

Linguini does look like she enjoyed the trip. Hey, nothing wrong with people food. Sure, most of what I eat is kibble, but I get lots of fruits and vegies and sometimes even pizza.

Slobbers,
Mango

houndstooth said...

I'm glad to see you all had so much fun!

Bunny

Nika + PARKER said...

Twinkie! Thanks for stopping bu again. Glad you did...let's keep in touch. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Amber and Nala said...

What a salad! I am so jealous! ;) That beetle down below looked a little scary...how brave of you to approach so closely. Give Linguini a kiss for me...hope she is doing well. :)

Kisses,
Nala

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I think that post had just about evFURRYthing!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sonic said...

Wow you had a good time with your friends, right? And that photo of you with your teeth out... phew! Don't mess with an angry chihuahua. It's like my Humans. Although Pops is bigger than Momma, she's got a bigger bite!

Sonic

Taffy said...

Twink, that is wonderful news about Linguini! Not only is she feeling better but I'm sure that makes M feel some better too.
Looks like you guys had a great time! I prefer treats but I would eat salad too....I really like cucumbers and tomatoes and carrots and .....
Snuggles,
Twix

Taffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KB said...

So much excitement at the barn. If I didn't know better, I'd think that it was a dog barn rather than a horse barn.

Lots of little dogs! You must like that Twinkie!

Glad that Linguini is feeling better!

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Twinkie,
Mommy found something for your Mommy at Petsmart today. Could you please have her send my Mommy your snail - mail address?
Sally An

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

YEAH Linguini. You jumped!!! That is grrreat.
I really enjoyed your day at the barn and I hope you all get to go tomorrow.

Life With Dogs said...

You look ferocious in that treat pic! I promise not to get too close. :)

I love to see your pack assembled, so many happy pooches...

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Twink,

We're glad to hear that you got out and enjoyed the day! We just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

We luv you,
Riley and Star.

kissa-bull said...

wow look at all those nommies
we dont know about the green stuff we tried it once and it did'nt taste meaty enuff bol
we are furry glad your sisters are feeling better but we'll still be praying for them

pibble wiggles
the pittie pack

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, we love salad!
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, Linguini! We are so happy for you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

My Mind's Eye said...

You have one smart mom!!! Nothing better than an outing and friends to perk up everyone. Great pictures,
Madi and Mom...still loving the chiweenie!!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Looks like you had a good time! I'm not a big salad fan, myself, but to each his own, right?

*kissey face*
-Fiona

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Hey there Twink! L@@ks like FUN, FUN FUN!

Sagira said...

SO happy to hear that the medicine is helping out.

Look at all those good treats, yummy!

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos Twinkie! At least woo had a great time, despite the salad....
(yes I would prefer a big juicy bug, or lizard, or birdie, or squirrel....)
We are happy to hear Linguini is starting to feel better.
~husky kisses~
-Kira The BeaWootiful

ocmist said...

Yeah... what is it about these dogs that don't get to eat people food. Those poor things! I'll bet their people would hate to eat the same diet 24/7 day in and day out!!!

We LOVE it when the horses around here get trimmed too! Nothin' better than horse hooves and carrots!!! The Country Corgis

Related Posts with Thumbnails